Quran Chapter 12 – 43 to 45 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1509) – درس قرآن
Quick action of released fellow prisoner
Surah Yuusuf (Joseph) – 12
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)
وَقَالَ ٱلْمَلِكُ إِنِّىٓ أَرَىٰ سَبْعَبَقَرَٰتٍ سِمَانٍ يَأْكُلُهُنَّ سَبْعٌ عِجَافٌ وَسَبْعَ سُنۢبُلَٰتٍ خُضْرٍ وَأُخَرَ يَابِسَٰتٍ يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْمَلَأُ أَفْتُونِى فِى رُءْيَٰىَ إِن كُنتُمْ لِلرُّءْيَا تَعْبُرُونَ (43
قَالُوٓا۟ أَضْغَٰثُأَحْلَٰمٍ وَمَا نَحْنُ بِتَأْوِيلِ ٱلْأَحْلَٰمِ بِعَٰلِمِينَ (44
وَقَالَ ٱلَّذِى نَجَا مِنْهُمَا وَٱدَّكَرَ بَعْدَ أُمَّةٍ أَنَا۠ أُنَبِّئُكُم بِتَأْوِيلِهِۦ فَأَرْسِلُونِ (45
|43. And the king said: Lo! I saw (in a dream) seven fat cows being devoured by seven lean cows, and seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry. O notables! Expound for me my vision, if ye can interpret dreams.
44. They answered: Jumbled dreams! And we are not skilled in the interpretation of dreams.
45. And he of the two who was released, and (now) at length remembered, said: I am going to announce unto you the interpretation, therefore send me forth.
43. Wa qaalal-maliku ‘inniii ‘araa sab-‘a baqaraatin simaa-ninyya’-kuluhunna sab-‘un ‘ijaafunw-wa sab-‘a sumbu-laa-tin khuzrinw-wa ‘ukhara yaa-bisaat. Yaaa-‘ayyuhal-mala-‘u ‘af-tuunii fii ru’-yaaya ‘in kuntum lir-ru’-yaa ta’-buruun.
44. Qaaluuu ‘az-gaasu ‘ahlaam. Wa maa nahnu bi-ta’-wiilil-‘ahlaami bi-‘aalimiin.
45. Wa qaalal-lazii najaa min-humaa wadda-kara ba’-da ‘um-matin ‘anaa ‘unabbi-‘ukum- bi-ta’-wiilihii fa-‘arsi-luun.
‘Az-gaasu – (bundles, imaginary, jumbled), this word is plural of zig-sun, which means a bundle – two things which are fastened in one bundle wildly.
‘Ahlaam – (dreams, phantasms), it is plural of hul-mun. Hulmun means “a jumbled dream” which is in fact “an imaginary thought”.
At last, the time of freedom in respect of Joseph (peace be upon him) came up. The King of Egypt, named Ryan bin Al-Waliid saw in his dream that seven fat cows were being devoured by seven lean cows, and seven dry spikes; rolled over seven green ears; had been drying them.
The King asked interpretation of his dream from notable persons of his court. They requested: our lord! It is not a dream but jumbled phantasms. Meanwhile, fellow prisoner of Joseph (peace be upon him), who was released and then; he was a cup-bearer of the King and was on duty in the court, remembered about Joseph (peace be upon him). He said: Let me go! I bring the interpretation of this dream very soon.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).