Lesson # 759 From the Noble Quran
The Proofs from the Lord Almighty
Surah ‘Al-‘An-‘aam (Cattle) – Chapter – 6)–Stage – 2
Verses – 104 & 105 of 165, Section – 13 of 20 (Part – 7)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
|104. Proofs have come unto you from your Lord, so whoso seeth, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind to his own heart. And I am not a keeper over you.
105. Thus do we expound Our Revelations that they may say (unto Thee, Muhammad): “Thou hast studied,” and that We may make (it) clear for people who have knowledge.
|104. Qad jaaa-‘akum basaaa-‘iru mir-Rabbikum. Faman ‘absara- fali-nafsih. Wa man ‘amiya fa-‘alay-haa. Wa maaa ‘aNaa ‘alaykum bi-hafiiz.
105. Wa kazaalika Nusarri-ful- ‘Aayaati wa li-yaquuluu darasta wa liNu-bayyina-hum li-qaw-miny-ya’-lamuun.
Basaaa-‘iru – (Proofs), this word is plural of Basiirah, which has been derived from Basar. Basar means “to see, vision”. But “to see” is of two types:
- To see with apparent bodily eyes. The word “Basaarat” is in use for it, which means “the Sight”.
- To see with the eyes of heart, which is “Wisdom”, the word used for it is “Basiirat”.
The both words “Basaarat and Basiirat” have come out from the word Basar. Hear, Basiirat aims “the thing, which is helpful to understand” i.e. proof, portent etc.
Hafiz – (keeper, watchman), it is an adjective and made from hafaz, which means “looking after, custody, watch”. Hear the word Hafiiz aims “A person, who looks after the work of people and takes work from them forcibly. Hifaazat has also derived from it which is more in use.
Nusarrifu – it is present verb from tasriif, substance of which is saraf. Saraf means “To exchange, to alter”. The aim from tasriif is to display anyone thing in different forms. Darasta – (you studied), it is past tense and has been derived from Dars, which means “To read and write, the lesson”. Word Madrasah has also come out from it which means “place of study – school, college etc.”
The Holy Quran has been sent down by Allah Almighty in the world, which has been revealed on His last Messenger Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him). The Reality of Noble Qur-‘aan is mentioned clearly in the previous verses of this Word. There cannot be any other best method than This Scripture for obtaining the comfort of that life, for those people, who are convinced of living again after death, and also the life of this world cannot be arranged as it was required to be dressed with Holy Quran.
After that, the Beauties of Allah almighty have been expressed so that the human being may recognize Him properly and establish offering prayer with punctuality and regularly in His Obedience. Summary of the teachings, which exists in those characteristics, is:
- To set up correct conception of life i.e. the life does not end with the death, but another life begins after death.
- To act upon the commands mentioned in Holy Qur’aan by recognizing their truth.
- To establish the right conception regarding the qualities and characteristics of Allah Almighty, Who sent down “A Complete Code of Life, like Quran through His last Messenger Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him).
- To offer prayers regularly.
These are the Principles, which the Noble Qur’an wants to be accepted by the mankind, and which have been explained again and again. About these principles, it has been commanded in this verse: O People! The Proofs have been sent down unto you from your Lord to admonish you, (please see next lesson for further detail).
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)