Lesson # 744 From the Noble Quran
Allaah Almighty chose and guided them unto a straight path
Surah ‘Al-‘An-‘aam (Cattle) – Chapter – 6)–Stage – 2
Verses –83, 84, 85, 86 & 87 of 165, Section – 10 of 20 (Part – 7)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
|83. And that was Our argument; We gave it unto Abraham against his folk. We raise unto degrees (of wisdom) whom We will. Lo! Thy Lord is Wise, Aware.
84. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob; each of them We guided; and Noah did We guide aforetime; and of his seed (We guided) David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good-
85. And Zachariah and John and Jesus and Elias. Each one (of them) was of the righteous-
86. And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot. And each one (of them) did We prefer above (Our) creatures-
87. And with some of their forefathers and their offspring and their brethren; and We chose them and guided them unto a straight path.
|83. Wa tilka huj-jatuNaaa ‘AatayNaa-haaa ‘Ibraa-hiima ‘alaa qawmih. Narfa-‘u dara-jaatim-man-nashaaa’. ‘Inna Rabbaka Hakiimun ‘Aliim.
84. Wa wahabNaa lahuuu ‘Is-haaqa wa ya’-quub. Kullan hadayNaa. Wa Nuuhan hadayNaa min qablu wa min- Zurriyya-tihii Daa-wuuda wa Sulay-maana wa ‘Ay-yuuba wa Yuusufa wa Muusaa wa Haaruun. Wa kazaalika Najzil-Muhsiniin.
85. Wa Zakariyyaa wa Yahyaa wa ‘Iisaa wa ‘Ilyaas. Kullum-minas-Saalihiin.
86. Wa ‘Is-maa-‘iila wal-Yasa-‘a wa Yuunusa wa Luutaa. Wa Kullan-fazzalNaa ‘alal-‘aalamiin.
87. Wa min ‘aabaaa-‘ihim wa zur-riyyaatihim wa ‘ikhwaani-him. Wajta-bayNaahum wa hadayNaa-hum ‘ilaa Siraatim-Musta-qiim.
Allaah Almighty bestowed the sense and wisdom to Prophet Abraham (peace be upon Him) to derive correctly from the worldly things and events by logical process. Due to this extraordinary ability, Allaah Almighty made Him prominent in the group of Prophets/Messengers and chose other residuary Prophets from His generation (peace be upon Them). Some names of Prophets (peace be upon Them) have been mentioned in this verse whose forefather was Prophet Noah (peace be upon Him).
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)