Lesson # 737 From Holy Qur’aan
Establishing Worship and being dutiful to God Almighty
Surah ‘Al-‘An-‘aam (Cattle) – Chapter – 6)–Stage – 2
Verses – 71b, 72 & 73 of 165, Section – 9 of 20 (Part ¾ of – 7)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
|71b. Say: Lo! The Guidance of Allaah is Guidance. And we are ordered to surrender to the Lord of the Worlds.
72. And say that, Establish Worship and be dutiful to Him. And He it is unto Whom ye will be gathered.
73. And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in Truth. And in the Day when He say: Be! Then it will become. His Word is the Truth, and His will be the Sovereignty on the Day when the Trumpet is blown. Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. And Hi is the Wise, the Aware.
|71b. Qul ‘inna HudAllaahi hu-wal-Hudaa. Wa ‘umirnaa linuslima li-Rabbil-‘Aalamiin.
72. Wa ‘an ‘Aqiimus-Salaata watta-quuH. Wa HuwAlllazii ‘ilayHi tuh-sharuun.
73. Wa HuwAllazii khalaqas-samaawwati wal-‘arza bil-Haqq. Wa Yawma Yaquulu Kun. Fayakuun. QawluHul-Haqq. Wa laHul-mulku Yawma yun-fakhu fis-Suur. ‘Aalimul Gaybi wash-Shahaadah. Wa Huwal-Hakiimul- Khabiir.
Khalaqa – (to create, to make), it has been derived from khalaq, the actual meaning of which is “to prepare any other thing after clipping a part from any larger thing as, a tailor makes a shirt from a cut piece of cloth, which was roughly clipped from a big piece of cloth”. The entire heavens and the earth have been created from one thing duly clipped with correct guess. However, there is a little difference between above both things i.e. the piece of cloth comes short after clipping for the shirt, but that thing does not lessen, from which the heavens, the earth and the whole other creatures among them have been created after clipping.
Suur – As per Arabic language, the Suur means “a (musical) horn prepared duly excavated from its inner side”, a very powerful sound comes out from it if its first end is blown by mouth. Like this, a thing (the Trumpet) is ready in the Invisible World, which will be blown by an Angel, named Israfil (peace be upon Him). Everything will be perished due to its frightful sound. Then, whenever Allaah Almighty will sanction, that Angel (peace be upon Him) will blow in the Trumpet again, the entire human beings (from the beginning to the end) will come back to life due to this sound. That will be the Day of Resurrection. The word Suur has been used for our knowledge only, otherwise, it is not easy to understand its reality at this time.
It was commanded in the previous verse: You should say the idolaters! We cannot be the worshippers of idols because we have known the True Worshipped. Following virtues and excellence of That Original Worshipped have been described in these verses:
- Allaah Almighty is the Lord of the entire Worlds.
- He it is before Whom all the mankind will be accountable and gathered on the Day of Resurrection.
- He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in Truth.
- He is the Creator by saying the one word only “Kun” (Be).
- His Word is the Truth. Surely, that is done, what He says.
- His will be the Sovereignty on the Day of Resurrection.
- He is Knower of the Invisible and the Visible.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)