LESSON # 469 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Observe Your Duty To God For Success
The Principles Of Success
Success Needs Faith In Allah, Holy Books And Humble Before Him
Necessities For Attainment Of One’s Wishes
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter – 3)
Verses –199 & 200 of 200, Section –20 (Part Thee Fourth of – 4)
|199. And lo! of the People of the Scripture there are some who believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto you and that which was revealed unto them, humbling themselves before Allah; they purchase not a trifling gain at the price of the Revelations of Allah. Verily their reward is with their Lord. Lo! Allah is Swift to take account.
200. O ye who believe! Endure outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye may succeed.
| 199. Wa ‘inna min ‘Ahlil-Kitaabi lamany-yu’-minu bil-laahi wa maaa ‘unzila ‘ilaykum wa maaa ‘unzila ‘ilayhim khaashi-‘iina lillaahi, laa yash-taruuna bi-‘Aayaatillaahi samanan-qaliilaa. ‘Ulaaa-‘ika lahum ‘ajruhum ‘inda Rabbihim. ‘In-nallaaha Sarii-‘ul-hisaab.
200. Yaaa-‘ayyu-hallaziina ‘aa-ma-nusbiruu wa saabiruu wa raabituu: wattaqullaaha la-‘al-lakum tuflihuun.
In these verses, such People of the Scripture have been described, who are sober and pious, who believe in Allah Almighty correctly, who have faith in Holy Qur’an, who used to prostrate before Allah Almighty with sincerity and humbly, who did neither hide the glad tidings and nor changed the Commands of Allah Almighty. Verily very much respectable reward for them is with their Lord Almighty. The Day of Account (regarding deeds of everybody – good or bad) is not at much distance but that is coming very soon. On that Day (of Resurrection) they will be remunerated completely.
A collective advice has been admonished to the Muslims at the end of this Surah (Chapter). That is to say; if you wish to succeed in the world and the Hereafter, then adhere upon the Obedience enduring even the harshness and the severity. Remain away from the evil deeds and sins; show your strength, perseverance and steadfastness against the enemies, keep protecting Islam, stand still and fight against the enemy and observe your duty to Allah all the times and in everything. If you did so, then it is sure that you got entire blessings and succeeded. Allah Almighty has admonished four advices and determined them the source of success at the end of this Surah (Chapter).
- ‘Asbiruu – (Endure outdo all others in endurance, be patient) means first rule of success is steadfastness.
- Saabiruu – (be ready, instruct others for patience and be strong in fight) make other persons accustomed of the patience and determination too along with you.
- Raabituu – (continue in close contact and be united) mutual connections and strong relations are the stairs of success.
- ‘Attaqullaaha – (observe your duty to Allah) God fearing and abstinence is fourth principle of success.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’an published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore and translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif.